Tuesday, September 29, 2009

19 Weeks?!?!

Holy cow! I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going. We are almost half way there! Several people have told me that they "keep forgetting I am pregnant" and my response...."Me too!". Obviously I don't really forget, but it is just different being pregnant this time. With Chase it seemed like the time went SO slowly and all we thought about was that FAR, FAR date in August when we would meet our sweet boy. It's not that we aren't as excited this time, it's just we don't have the time to sit around watching the days crawl by. Life seems to be moving in fast forward and it's all we can do to keep up! We are trying to balance the excitement and preparation with the savoring of every moment with C!

On top of all the craziness, I am still barely showing. I have been waiting for my belly to just pop out any day, especially because everyone said I would show really early with my second. We are still waiting! Geoffrey and I can definitely tell and some of our friends that we see every day, but it is small and only noticeable if I wear a really tight shirt. I am not complaining at all....I am not ready to be big and uncomfortable! And, I am sure when I do pop it will happen quick and soon! After being pretty sick for so long, I have finally started gaining a few pounds. As much as I hate seeing the scale go up it is nice to know the baby is actually growing in there!

Speaking of the baby being in there...we had our big ultrasound and did not find out the sex! It is really weird knowing that it says in my chart and the doctors and nurses know, BUT we stayed strong!! The ultrasound went great and the baby is measuring about a week ahead...not surprising since I swear the doc is a week off on our due date. Chase sat next to me and watched the whole thing. He was kind of antsy, but the second he heard the heartbeat he stopped what he was doing and was memorized by the sound! So sweet!!

Geoff survived his Key West det (shockingly considering the amount of alcohol consumed!). And Chase and I made it through too! We went to Monterey for the second week to escape the heat of Lemoore. It was such a fun week and Chase was awesome! The best part was his first trip to the aquarium. Grandma, Uncle Davy and I took him and he loved it, especially the jelly fish. He waved to them and tried to give them kisses through the glass. They have an awesome play area for little kids with a splash table that I could barely tear C away from. He got absolutely soaked and threw a fit when I dragged him away. Luckily, my mom bought a family membership so we can take him back anytime! Can't wait!





The last day in Monterey was spent throwing a baby shower for my dear friend, Natalie. We have been friends since middle shoool and she is having her second little boy, Mason, next month. What an honor to host a shower honoring such a great an awesome mommy! We cannot wait to meet Mason!!



We are back in reality now and it is so nice to have G back! Well, kind of back...he jumped back into things yesterday and is busy getting ready to head to the boat the first week of November. This week he is flying with NVG's (night vision goggles) and doing in-air refueling (which totally freaks me out!!). All of this is solo since he had his last flight ever (or at least for the next 3 years) with a back seater in Key West. Sometimes when he comes home and tells me about his day I still can't believe that this is what he does and I am so proud of him!

Go Irish!!

Anyway, that's all for now...can you believe I managed 2 posts in the same month?!? Stay tuned for the return of the mustache, a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Bauchman, fall fun and Halloween!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are having a boy!!! I vote BOY!!!! =) Glad to hear you are feeling great.....

Sadie