Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our Little Boy!

Our baby is officially gone! I guess this is technically Chase's 3rd haircut, if you count the disastrous bang hacking performed by Dada and the much needed trim/fix of said bang hacking by Linsey...but Chase had never been to the barber shop and had never experience clippers until today. Geoff has been on me for a loooong time to take care of the mullet on his son's head. I put it off and put it off because I LOVED his hair. It was so sweet and I was afraid of what he would look like without his trademark feature. And I guess I was just trying to hold on to any part of the baby phase I could, seeing as it is disappearing by the second. Well, Geoff was threatening to take him by himself and I was obviously afraid to find my sweet boy bald one day. So, I sucked up my sappiness (put on dark sunglasses) and accompanied the boys to the barber shop for a big boy haircut! Chase got to sit on Daddy's lap and read books while I shoveled goldfish in his mouth...what a life! He did awesome, Geoff was triumphant (he doesn't win often these days...I mean, he lives with a pregnant lady and a toddler..not a lot of reasoning with either one!) and I was traumatized! Once I recovered from the shock, I decided I love it...he is a little mini Geoff! And Chase loves his new do...he cannot stop touching it! So, here is a before and after of our big boy...





5 comments:

gramma jan said...

Oh how adorable..You know I too loved his beautiful long hair but he looks sooooooo cute with the new hair cut. Gramma loves you Chase!

Siobhan said...

He looks like such a big boy! So cute!

Aunt B said...

OH MY GOSH.... He is such a BOY... I love it. but I love him so much... He is getting ready to be the "Big Brother". Love you Great Aunt Bobbi

Dave and Lindsay Lewis said...

oh my gosh. way too grown up! its crazy how just a haircut can really make him look like a little boy.

Linsey said...

Now that the shock has worn off, I think it's adorable too! I guess I just never pictured him getting a haircut like that until he was a lot older! I hope I can see it in person soon!