Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Fun 2 Weeks...

Sorry I have not updated in 2 whole weeks...I know you all have been on the edge of your seats waiting for my blog entry :) The past two weekends have been pretty exciting and I really just haven't had the time to write. Chase is more and more animated every day. He has the cutest expressions, including his Daddy's sideways half smile. He is also a lot more vocal and we "talk" all the time. Here he is sitting in his swing (yes, we do strap him in...I promise). This picture really shows how much he has grown...he actually fits in the swing now!

Here is one of Diesel just because he doesn't get a whole lot of love these days and we still think he's pretty cute :) Both of Geoffrey's boys are just like him!

The weekend before last we had some very special visitors...Goot and Michelle!! They drove up from Pensacola late Friday night to meet Chase (and to see us, I guess). Goot and Geoffrey were roommates at the Academy and have remained close friends. He and his fiance, Michelle, will be Chase's Godparents and it was so great to see them. The only bummer was that Chase was having some (lack of) poop issues and was pretty much grumpy all weekend. I think they love him anyway! We are looking forward to having them back for Thanksgiving and Chase's baptism soon and their wedding in May!!


The next weekend was another big weekend for our little man (and for me!). Geoffrey had to go on a cross-country and was in Key West for the weekend...rough life, I know :) So Chase and I were left to fend for ourselves. This was the first time Geoff had spent away from Chase and my first nights alone with him. We survived without him and even had a little fun, but it really did make us appreciate Daddy and all of the little things he does to help every day. Chase and I are so blessed to have him as our husband/father. Here are a few pics from the past week.

Chase LOVES his Bumbo. He gets to sit up like a big boy and see the world. A sure bet if you want to see a big smile! We put him in it for a very short amount of time and he has a ball.

On Saturday morning (while dad was snorkeling in Key West) Chase and I got up really early (his choice, not mine!) . We went for a morning walk and had to really bundle up for the first time. It was nice to have some fall weather even if it only lasted for a few hours. I guess if I want a temp lower than 80 something I will just have to keep taking 5 am walks.

Chase still loves his play mat, though he prefers it on his back and not his tummy. His frog is his best friend and he will talk to him forever!


Apparently Chase was not in the Halloween spirit like mommy was...sorry kiddo.

...he has discovered his hand, and man does it taste good!
Posted by Picasa

Sorry for the long winded post, he is just so darn cute! The next few weeks will be a busy time for the Bauchman's. Uncle Jim and Linsey are coming to visit on Friday and leave the 30th. Geoff will be in El Centro for work Nov 1-15th, so Chase and I are heading to California to visit family. When we get back Thanksgiving will be just around the corner...what an exciting holiday season this is going to be!

0 comments: