Friday, June 19, 2009

Because I hate to worry family and good friends...

I am really sorry that my last post came across negative. Thanks to all of you for the positive comments and congratulatory wishes. We are THRILLED to be pregnant again! It is just really, really disheartening to be so excited about something and then get the negative reactions that we have been hearing. Don't ever rain on a pregnant girl's parade, seriously! I just don't know if people think they are being helpful or they are just a lot more ballsy than me, but I have been shocked by some of the comments. I don't know where people get off implying (or straight up saying) that this pregnancy was an accident. Not that is anyone's business, but this is exactly what Geoffrey and I want. Yes, we planned to try and have our kids really close in age. Anyone who has ever talked to us about it knows that, and anyone who has not talked to us about it is probably not a close enough friend to make implications otherwise. So, I am really sorry if you were among the worried...but stop and just help us with the celebrating!

On to the fun stuff! The baby is due at the end of February. My first thought...yes, new maternity clothes!! Okay, maybe not my first thought...but it was high up there. Geoff is less than thrilled about that part, but hey, I can't wear shorts and tank tops in December can I? My little bro's birthday is the 25th, so he is hoping to share his birthday with the little one. I have been feeling okay so far. A few bad days, but nothing unbearable. I am exhausted all the time and feel like collapsing by the end of every day. I think that might have something to do with Chase being a crazy little ball of energy though! I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and will keep you all updated!

Every time I look at my little Monkey I just want to squeeze him knowing we have another baby on the way. I am so excited that he is going to be a big brother, but it also reminds me how fast he is growing up. I can hardly believe his first birthday is right around the corner. He is so much fun and I love every new milestone, even if they are hard for the emotional side of me to swallow.

We took him out on the boat yesterday afternoon for the first time since he was 3 months old and he LOVED it. The kid just sees the water and goes nuts, he loves it! He was not as complacent about having his life jacket on as he was at 3 months, but he will get used to it. We literally had to drag him out of the water to go home and he passed out (with his jacket on!) on the boat ride into the marina. If he can sleep on a bumpy boat ride, we are going to have a great summer! I will put up pics when I get them from one of our friends. I wish we could take him to the lake every day....just when I start to worry about getting sleep with two little ones, Chase slept till 8:15! I love that little munchkin!!

7 comments:

Chad and Sommer Tucker said...

Yay! Congratulations! That's so exciting! How are you feeling? I know I feel a little more tired this go round...chasing a toddler will do that to you though!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry there were a few insensitive people who weren't positive about this wonderful news! You and Geoff are really great parents. Seriously, I mean that. If there's anyone who should be having more kids as often as they want to it is you guys! I know you wanted to be able to have some adult beverages at Alicia's wedding, but don't worry I barely drink so you can hang with me and not have to feel bad ;) Love you! *Linsey

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am SHOCKED to hear some of the things people have been saying! DON'T listen to it Jess and don't let it get you down. Some people just have NO clue.. You and Geoff and GREAT parents and deserve the world!!!!! I don't think Chase and the baby will be so close that it's unheard of.. The kids will be almost 2 yrs apart!!!!! =) We are very excited for you! I hope you have a smooth pregnancy! We miss you guys!

Siobhan said...

I totally get having your kids close in age. My older sister and I are 14 months -to the day- apart. I love it because we are such close friends. I'm glad my parents had us close together!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe someone had the nerve to take away from such an exciting time in your lives. You and Geoffrey don't deserve it. Congrats again on the new bundle of joy! We couldn't be happier for you both and for Chase!

Dave and Lindsay Lewis said...

I need an update since you went to the doctor Monday (I've been checking like everyday!). Just wondering if they gave you a due date and all. All this excitment is making me want to get pregnant again!

Aunt Bobbi said...

Anxious for updates... on Chase and the new little one and as always you two......Aunt B