Thursday, November 20, 2008

Growing, and growing and growing!

I am not even going to apologize this time for taking so long to update the blog. We have been busy, busy, busy. Chase has had another month of firsts and is getting to be such a big boy! He is already 3 and a half months old, wow! And he is already doing his chores like a good boy...here he is helping mommy with
One of the most exciting firsts was Chase's first Halloween. There are a ton of pictures of the pumpkin parch in the slide show that I posted below, but here is his costume:

Cutest cow I have every seen!
Tuckered out after a long night.

On November 2nd (Chase's 3 month birthday) he and I made the LONG trip to California to visit my family. Geoffrey could not come because he was on a detachment in El Centro for work. If you call playing with jets and bombs work that is :) Anyway, I was really nervous about the flight, but Chase, in true Bauchman fashion, is a great little traveler. We survived the trip and got to spend almost 2 weeks in California. The grandparents were in Heaven and I realized how badly we want to move back to the West Coast! Here are some pics from the trip:


Chase on the plane from Atlanta to San Jose

Grandma and Grandpa picked us up at the airport. Chase loved his Grandpa's beard. Good thing because we came home to find Daddy with a mustache (more on that later!).

Chase got to meet his Uncle Davy who he thought was pretty funny...(funny looking?)...

Living the life...a nice little walk through Pebble Beach :)

It was too cold to put my toes in the sand, but I loved the sound of the waves! Mommy and Me on the beach in Monterey.

Happy Birthday Great Grandma Marie

Mommy, Chase and Uncle Davy in Carmel

After a week in Pacific Grove we headed to Sacramento to meet more family. Chase and "Grand Aunt Bobbi"

Chase meets Uncle Nick, who is really a cousin ;)


Oh ya, more of that facial hair I love so much!

With Mommy's friend Alisa

More cousins! Aunt Nini and cousin Zachy

Cousin Kayla

cousin Zachy

Big CW and Little CW...cousins and future hunting buddies according to Clint!

cousin Tori, wait a minute...weren't you just this small yesterday??

Grandma gave me a bath in Aunt B's new sink!

Auntie Laura, I think I am gonna have a lot of fun with her!!

Seriously, another cousin?!? Cousin Henry

Me and Grandpa Dendo right after my very first election, monumental day!

We had a great time in Cali and it was so fun for everyone to meet Chase, but after almost 2 weeks and a really long trip back to Mississippi...it was so good to see Daddy.

Since nobody will buy me Navy or Notre Dame gear, I had to settle for a 49er outfit while we watched the Navy/ND game

I learned how to grab those fun toys and of course put them right into my mouth!

The big boy playing in his exersaucer. He doesn't last too long in here, but he loves all the new toys!

"Helping" Mommy cook dinner


So, you can see what a fun and busy month we are having. We are getting really close to the end of our time in Meridian. I never thought I would say this, but it is actually bittersweet. We are trying to cherish the next few moths with our wonderful friends here. Geoff has been working like crazy as he gets closer and closer to his winging. Which brings me to the mustache...it is actually a good thing (I know, seems crazy that I would call that disaster on his upper lip a good thing!). It is a tradition that the guys preparing to carrier qual (successfully land on the carrier for the first time) grow mustaches. Once they qual they shave them off. Geoff will be going to the boat (yes, we call it a boat) the second week of December...SO, please pray for the disappearance of his mustache (and of course his safety...). We will keep you all updated!

And to the 2 of you that are still reading....you must be really dedicated grandmas :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dedicated Great Grand Aunt... Thanks for all the updates and photos... we so enjoyed your visit much too short..but glad you came and we are so happy to have little CW in our family... Uncle Russ said he is a "real keeper".. We love all of you Aunt B

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I laughed and cried over the lastest photos and rememberance of your trip Oh how we miss that sweet little guy. (you too Jess) We treasured the time we had you here and look forward to being with you all at Christmas.
Lots of Love, Gramma Jan

Anonymous said...

Um yeah...and Auntie Martha....

Anonymous said...

haha, or a really bored brother's girlfriend! ;) Nice pictures and commentary! ***Linsey