A New Year, New Adventures
2009! Time is flying and I will be the first to admit that I was just a little sad to see the year of our first baby's birth come to an end. That means he is growing up too fast! However, the new year has already been good to us and is bringing more excitement in the coming weeks.
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas season. We had the best Christmas ever. We were lucky enough to get 2 and a half weeks leave and drove 30 (long) hours to Idaho. There was more snow than we could have hoped for and family surrounding us...the perfect first Christmas for our baby boy! The drive was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, even the drive back when we decided not to stop at all! Chase is an awesome traveler and he did great being away from home. In fact, he slept better there than he does at home. The only bad part of the trip was having to leave :(
But...there has been no time to miss Idaho since we got back! Geoffrey has five flights left before his January 30th winging. He is being double scheduled and should be done by the end of this week or beginning of next. So, while he is busy flying, I am busy packing and planning his winging weekend. We will find out where our next adventure will be (hopefully CA!) sometime before the 30th. We are nervous/anxious/excited, but also really sad to be leaving our friends behind. Our big move will probably be sometime in February and we will do our best to keep you all updated. Prayers and good thoughts for Geoffrey are, as always, greatly appreciated as he finishes up his training.
Now back to Chase :) He is five and a half months old and still growing and changing each day! He is more fun every day and is full of smiles and laughs. He is eating solid foods, scooting around and can now sit up with his hands in front of him for support...all of which are painfully adorable! His hair has gotten really blond and he has been teething for a few weeks now. No teeth have popped through yet, but I don't think it will be too long. His sleeping has been all messed up this month and we have all had some really long nights. We are trying really hard to create a healthy routine for Chase so he gets better rest and last night he (finally) went to bed easily and slept 10 hours...fingers crossed this continues! And then we will move and mess it up again! If nothing else, he will be used to change!
Anyway, that's the news in our little world! Sorry it took so long.
Pictures are uploading as I type...
2009! Time is flying and I will be the first to admit that I was just a little sad to see the year of our first baby's birth come to an end. That means he is growing up too fast! However, the new year has already been good to us and is bringing more excitement in the coming weeks.
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas season. We had the best Christmas ever. We were lucky enough to get 2 and a half weeks leave and drove 30 (long) hours to Idaho. There was more snow than we could have hoped for and family surrounding us...the perfect first Christmas for our baby boy! The drive was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, even the drive back when we decided not to stop at all! Chase is an awesome traveler and he did great being away from home. In fact, he slept better there than he does at home. The only bad part of the trip was having to leave :(
But...there has been no time to miss Idaho since we got back! Geoffrey has five flights left before his January 30th winging. He is being double scheduled and should be done by the end of this week or beginning of next. So, while he is busy flying, I am busy packing and planning his winging weekend. We will find out where our next adventure will be (hopefully CA!) sometime before the 30th. We are nervous/anxious/excited, but also really sad to be leaving our friends behind. Our big move will probably be sometime in February and we will do our best to keep you all updated. Prayers and good thoughts for Geoffrey are, as always, greatly appreciated as he finishes up his training.
Now back to Chase :) He is five and a half months old and still growing and changing each day! He is more fun every day and is full of smiles and laughs. He is eating solid foods, scooting around and can now sit up with his hands in front of him for support...all of which are painfully adorable! His hair has gotten really blond and he has been teething for a few weeks now. No teeth have popped through yet, but I don't think it will be too long. His sleeping has been all messed up this month and we have all had some really long nights. We are trying really hard to create a healthy routine for Chase so he gets better rest and last night he (finally) went to bed easily and slept 10 hours...fingers crossed this continues! And then we will move and mess it up again! If nothing else, he will be used to change!
Anyway, that's the news in our little world! Sorry it took so long.
Pictures are uploading as I type...


1 comments:
Ok the long lost Grand Great Aunt is back... what can I say about your adorable family...except adorable...I miss all of you so much but now knowing your on our way to CA makes me smile.. Hug and Kiss the little guy for me and Hug each other.. We are all truly Blessed with this family.....Have a wonderful weekend... Congrats to Geoff.... LOVE LOVE LOVE Aunt B
Post a Comment